Potted Plants with Punch

My sister in law Luisa has the knack of making everything look great. It doesn't matter what it is, it's going to look fabulous once her hands have touched it. I have witnessed this many times - one of my favorites being when Luisa crafted tiny little rosettes out of smoked salmon for a Christmas ordoeuvre. Given my cooking skills or lack thereof, I was beyond wowed. 

This morning I called my brother up and said I was coming over. When I arrived Luisa was creating her potted plant arrangements and once again, I was gobsmacked (wowed for those of you who don't speak British!). For someone who generally prides herself on out of the box thinking, I have definitely succumbed to...dare I say it....ho hum arrangements for my front entrance. I will have to remedy that next year. In the mean time here are a few of Luisa's flower arrangements which I hope will offer you some inspiration. 



Close up of the purple flower - isn't it beautiful!


Zinc pots totally make this green with a smidge of red arrangement pop (close up shot). 


This the same arrangement but taken farther back and from the other side. That tall plant looks like an alien. 


Here's my favorite - the lasagna plant. I'm sorry you can't see the pretty purply flowers around the base. I was too happy to pose the plant and forgot to take one from the side. You can see a couple of them peeping out on the bottom left. 

Happy Gardening!!

All photos taken by Tracey MacKenzie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Inside Outside Design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger